Source: American Diabetes Association
Walking is a great way to get fit. Here are some advantages of walking for exercise:
- It doesn’t require a gym membership or fancy equipment – it’s totally free!
- It’s an easy place to start since most of us do it every day – there’s no learning curve!
- It has been shown to improve blood pressure, cholesterol, stress, and depression.
- It can help to promote weight loss and reduce your risk for other chronic diseases like heart disease and dementia.
- It is enjoyable and something you can do with others.
- It is a safe and generally risk-free form of physical activity.
- It is a form of exercise that is easy to keep up – there are lots of places you can do it!
Download and print a walking plan.