Discuss basic overview of Walk Across Texas:
- Teams of up to eight people walk for 8 weeks.
- Choose your team’s start date.
- Site managers can set up a group or organization and/or register multiple teams.
- One person from each team agrees to be captain.
- Captains or their designate enter their team’s registration,
weekly mileage and/or pounds lost, and wrap up information in their
account on the WAT! Sign In website
- Team members can e-mail, phone, or fax their mileage to team captain
or designated person to enter the mileage on the website.
- Captains may choose one of the optional activities to do during the
- Starts with a Kick-Off Event.
- Around 4th week, may have a Don’t Give Up Now / Mid-Way Event.
- Concludes with a Recognition Event.
- Certificates of Recognition are give to participant.
Discuss captains’ role:
- Recruit and sign up 7 team members.
- Distribute team packet to each member.
- Complete the Team Registration Form (PDF).
- Collect Individual Registration, weekly mileage and Wrap-Up Form (this one is the evaluation at the end of Walk Across Texas) from team
- Enter information from Individual Registration (PDF), weekly mileage (PDF), and Wrap-Up Form (PDF) from self (captain) and seven members.
- Provide information to team members regarding Events during Walk Across Texas.
- Certificates for each team member will become available once the Wrap-Up form is completed in the Team Captain account.
- Complete the Team Captain Registration Form
- Get your team members to complete the Individual Registration Form
- Choose a Team Name
- Register a Walk Across Texas! account on the WAT! website
- Choose to walk as the Team Captain of an 8 person Team
- Register your team members
- Enter your team’s miles walked and pounds lost in the Team Captain’s account on the WAT! Sign In website
- Enter the wrap-up information on the WAT! Sign In website when your 8 week program is complete.