Goals & Activities
- Motivate participants during about the fourth week to complete the eight-weeks of Walk Across Texas.
- Have most creative or silliest team name contest.
- Hold a healthiest, best tasting dessert contest.
- Have a nutrition fair. Have separate booths for different nutrition-focused topics. Have plenty of free samples and recipes available.
- Hold a dirtiest walking shoe contest.
- Hold an ethnic food fair where cultural recipes have been modified to be healthier, and give prize for best tasting.
- Have a contest for best looking team t-shirts or best team banner in walking parade.
- School classes can compete with each other, teachers vs. students and if students win, principal will dress in clown costume, etc.