Walk Across Texas! is a program to help people of all ages start moving more and establish physical activity as a lifetime habit. Doing Walk Across Texas with people you know is a great way to help you keep going when you feel like giving up.
Walk Across Texas! is not a walk-a-thon or an event to raise money. While teams can compete to walk across the state first and/or to accumulate the most miles during the eight weeks, the main point is to get moving to keep moving after Walk Across Texas! ends. Celebrate by showing off your WAT! certificate! Had so much fun you would want to do it again? Try a different route all together with another team!
Here is a quick overview of how Walk Across Texas works for Adult Teams:
- Set dates for start and finish including: Kick-Off, Mid-Way, and Recognition Events.
- Captain selected/volunteer.
- Captains find up to 7 others for team.
- Captain registers team on-line.
- Starts with a Kick-Off Event.
- Teams walk for 8 weeks.
- Team members can e-mail, text, or call their mileage to team captain or designated person to enter the mileage on the Walk Across Texas website.
- Captains enter their team’s weekly mileage and/or pounds lost.
- Around the 4th week, may have a Don’t Give Up Now / Mid-Way Event.
- Captain enters Wrap-Up information for all team members.
- Concludes with a Recognition Event.
- Certificates of Recognition are given to participants.
Find out more about being a: