What a Team Member Does:
- Complete Individual Registration Form and give to Team Captain.
- Note mileage on Individual Mileage Log.
- Call, e-mail, or fax your total weekly mileage and/or pounds lost to Team Captain each week.
- Participate in Kick-Off, Mid-Way and Recognition activities.
- Complete Wrap-Up Form and give to Team Captain.
- Contact Team Captain with questions and issues.
- Enter your success story here!
Steps for Team Members:
Obtain a team packet from your Team Captain. Your packet should contain:
- Cover/Sign-Up Letter
- Individual Registration Form
- Individual Mileage Log
- Wrap-Up Form
- Mileage Equivalents
Participate in Kick-Off Event.
Read the Cover/Sign-Up Letter for an overview of Walk Across Texas.
- Team members need to each walk 10–12 miles each week for their team of eight to walk across Texas in eight weeks.
- Use the Mileage Equivalents (English: PDF | MS Word / Spanish: PDF | MS Word) table to convert to miles aerobic activities other than walking.
Total your mileage and/or pounds lost each week.
- E-mail, call, or fax your weekly total to your Team Captain at the end of each week—usually by Sunday night.
Attend Mid-Way Event.
Attend Recognition Event.
- Send the Wrap-Up Form to your Team Captain.
Enter your “success story” here or write it out and give to your Team Captain to enter. You do not need to say who you are.
[ back to top ]