What a Team Captain Does:
- Organize a team.
- Give a member packet to each team member.
- Select a name for team.
- Collect information from team members.
- Enter information for team in account on WAT! Sign In website.
- Contact site manager with questions and issues.
- Inform team members of important dates and activities.
*Note: All forms and materials listed below can also be downloaded here
Steps for Team Captains:
Attend captain training given by site manager and/or county Extension agent.
- Pick up team packets (see below)
- Learn process steps
Recruit up to 7 people to be on your team with you and distribute the team packets.
Complete Team Registration Form
- Select team name
- Send completed form to Site Manager
Entering Data Online
- Complete the PDF Team Captain Registration Form
- Get your team members to complete the PDF Team Member Registration
(Note: These forms must be completed and given to the Team Captain before registration can take place online.)
- Choose a Team Name
- Review the Walk Across Texas Registration Guide: PDF
- Register online by going to the WAT! Sign In website
- Choose to walk as the Team Captain of an 8 person Team
- Register your team members
- Enter your team's miles walked and pounds lost in the Team Captain's account on the WAT! Sign In website
- Enter the wrap-up information on the WAT! Sign In website when your 8 week program is complete
Enter miles walked/pounds lost each week in the Team Captain's
account on the WAT!
Sign In website.
Certificates (PDF) from Site Manager.
Attend Recognition Event and distribute Recognition Certificates to your team members.
[ back to top ]