Increase your students' physical activity level with Walk Across Texas in schools.
Features & Highlights:
- Your class can walk across Texas together - on a map or here on our website. This is a great way to help children get excited about being more active!
- We have a log sheet to note weekly mileage during school.
- Children can involve family and friends, too, by using the Bonus Miles Log.
- Newsletters to send home to parents
- Teacher lesson plans (TEKS)
- Find curriculum ideas and fun activities to keep interest high.
- Mileage can be tracked on this website by registering on the WAT! Sign In website.
- We even have certificates to give children when they finish the eight week activity.
- Find your Texas County Extension agent to help get started.
Forms & Materials:
To download a file, right-click a link, select "Save Target As…" or "Save Link As…".
- Review the Walk Across Texas Teachers Registration Guide: PDF
- Register online by going to the WAT!
Sign In website
- Recruitment Packet Information:
- Cover Letter to Schools (PDF)
- Student Class Team Registration (PDF)
- School Weekly Mileage Log (PDF)
- Bonus Mileage Log (English & Spanish) (PDF)
- How Walk Across Texas Worked in a School: An Example from Grayson County, Texas
- Proposed Calendar of Events (PDF)
Program Funding Opportunities (PDF)
- Instructions for Teachers (PDF)
Newsletters for Teachers ››
Lesson Plans (TEKS) ››
- Walking Bingo (PDF)
[ back to top ]