Thanks again to everyone that participated in Walk Across Texas! during 2011.
Once again we have shown that a program like Walk Across Texas! can help people establish the habit of regular physical activity.
Here are some of the highlights from 2011.
- 141 counties implemented
- 45,257 people registered
- 14,522 youth participated in school teams
- Comparison of Week 1 to Week 8 mileage showed a mean increase of 4.27 miles per person
3rd Annual TEA/ISD School Challenge Results:
- ISD: 369 participants walked 57,313 miles
- TEA: 72 participants walked 12,672 miles
- School Teams: 14,522 participants walked 705,997 miles!!!
We look forward to walking again with you in 2012.
The Walk Across Texas! Team